Welcome, Guest
Introduce Yourself!

TOPIC: howdy

howdy 13 Apr 2014 23:22 #1115

• Morledzep
  • Good Job(s): 1
I'm Catherine. I live in the Inland Empire in CA. I own a smallish tract home with a medium sized yard. I'm 53 and disabled, with 3 grown boys and 2 very handsome grand sons.

I have a vegetable garden in the front yard because there is just no sun in my back yard. and I seem to have an over-abundance of sunlight in the front of the house. And I'd rather keep the dogs out of my food.. lol.

I have some ideas for raising chickens this year. But i'm waiting till after Easter to get the chickens (and possibly rabbits) for free. for the coop I have some 2x4 boards, and old 5 gallon frosting buckets, and some plywood. And the coop will be inside an old dog kennel in the back corner of my yard. The only thing I really need to buy to make their yard safe is a couple small rolls of chicken wire.

ok.. i guess that's enough about me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Good Job(s) from: Rox

howdy 14 Apr 2014 01:37 #1116

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
Hi Catherine:) How did you find our site?

I live in Huntington Beach, CA:) Where are you at in the Inland Empire? I am sure we are close together! It's good to have a chicken buddy.

I'm 37 and have a sweetheart of a wife and two great kids! Rochelle (wife), Rane (my little girl), and Ryan are there names.

Why are you waiting till after Easter to get chickens? Hoping to get a deal on chicks? Rabbits are great for lots of manure! There manure is a "cold manure". That just means that you can apply it to your garden fresh from the pooper. It does not need to be composted!

There are other areas on this forum so don't be shy. Post any questions you may have so other members can jump in to help you:)

I look forward to many years with you here and growing together!

God Bless - Admin Matt
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
Last Edit: 14 Apr 2014 01:38 by HFI_Matt.

howdy 14 Apr 2014 13:04 #1119

• Morledzep
Matt,

I follow you on Facebook, I just finally found my round toit and decided to register on your website.

I'm waiting for the free chickens after the kids get tired of taking care of them. I'm still debating on the rabbit thing, I have 5 dogs and I don't think they'll accept rabbits as family. But I may get some free rabbits and have them butchered (after they've been eating healthy food for a couple weeks). I can keep them in a pen on the side of the house for a short time.

howdy 14 Apr 2014 22:35 #1120

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
Awesome:) Well, I am happy your with us for sure!

Rabbits are great for manure and breaking down garden waste really fast. I keep my rabbit because she is great at breaking down waste:)

Matt
Good Job(s) from: brecla32

howdy 26 Apr 2014 16:37 #1124

• brecla32
Hi all,

I am in Arizona, Tucson to be exact. I raise alpacas, chickens, goats, and Sitka deer. Hopefully I will be of help to some of you and I will be able to learn lots from you all.
Good Job(s) from: Rox

howdy 27 Apr 2014 00:59 #1125

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
I'm sure your wisdom you have will come in handy brecla:) I am in the process of building this site up and pointing all our members here so it is just a matter of time before the site is used more and more!

Check out the article section:) All members can write articles to teach other members something specific! I will be adding more and more areas for all livestock as well!

Matt
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS