Welcome, Guest
Introduce Yourself!

TOPIC: Hello from Bohol island in the Philippines...

Hello from Bohol island in the Philippines... 05 Apr 2014 04:32 #1066

• Lancer
Hello, I'm Lancer (Lance) and I live in the Philippines on the island of Bohol with my wife, Dolores, and 2 adopted kids, Abby and Augustine. Currently am building a wood fired oven which is highly fuel efficient and intended for pizzas but can also be used to cook a small pig or whatever small wild game you have wherever you are.

I'm here to learn mostly, but am up for teaching what I know if there is an interest.

Happy to be here. :) Ask me anything...

Last Edit: 05 Apr 2014 04:56 by Lancer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hello from Bohol island in the Philippines... 05 Apr 2014 12:26 #1070

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
Lancer wrote:
Hello, I'm Lancer (Lance) and I live in the Philippines on the island of Bohol with my wife, Dolores, and 2 adopted kids, Abby and Augustine. Currently am building a wood fired oven which is highly fuel efficient and intended for pizzas but can also be used to cook a small pig or whatever small wild game you have wherever you are.

I'm here to learn mostly, but am up for teaching what I know if there is an interest.

Happy to be here. :) Ask me anything...

Hey Lance!! Great to have you here man:)

I wanted to build a wood burning oven but I don't have the wisdom for it yet. You can also baked breads and casseroles. Also, depending on the wood you use you get flavor from it on the food you cook.

If you didn't already know we have an article section and all members are allowed to submit articles so if you have anything you want to teach that would be greatly appreciated by all of our members! I will be posting all articles on our Facebook page here (www.fb.com/HomeFarmIdeas).

Very cool to have you and your family here and I am loving the view you have!

God Bless - Admin Matt
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

Hello from Bohol island in the Philippines... 05 Apr 2014 16:28 #1077

• Lancer
Wood burning ovens are amazingly easy to think ones way through, but there is a lot of brick cutting. People tend to make too much of the compound angle cuts but the mortar mix makes up for some mistakes. We cut it all freehand with a tile cutter.

I'd be happy to teach the process in a thread format because I can import pics and info easier.

Thanks for the kind welcome! :)

Hello from Bohol island in the Philippines... 05 Apr 2014 17:05 #1081

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
That would be great, if you can put something together go for it:) That will give members a better opportunity to ask questions and add input!

Hello from Bohol island in the Philippines... 05 Apr 2014 17:06 #1082

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
And no problem at all on the welcome:) Love Avenue people around to talk to about all my lame ideas I have! Ha haha!
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS