Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Home made cough syrup

Home made cough syrup 15 Jan 2014 12:31 #662

This is referred to by family and friends as "Jen's Magic Elixir" I found the recipe online somewhere but had to improvise and have since made it the same way and it works!!

equal parts water, vinegar (preferably apple cider or white wine and not regular white vinegar), local honey. Add powdered or fresh Ginger. The original recipe also called for cayenne pepper. I had jalepenos that I had dried and ground up from my garden so I used that instead. Heat on the stove until reduced.

Take it at the first sign of a tickle or sore throat. This stuff works!
Last Edit: 15 Jan 2014 12:32 by jengalbraith818.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Home made cough syrup 15 Jan 2014 14:17 #670

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
jengalbraith818 wrote:
This is referred to by family and friends as "Jen's Magic Elixir" I found the recipe online somewhere but had to improvise and have since made it the same way and it works!!

equal parts water, vinegar (preferably apple cider or white wine and not regular white vinegar), local honey. Add powdered or fresh Ginger. The original recipe also called for cayenne pepper. I had jalepenos that I had dried and ground up from my garden so I used that instead. Heat on the stove until reduced.

Take it at the first sign of a tickle or sore throat. This stuff works!

That's a good one:) Maybe write a little more detailed article for all the members with a few photos? No pressure at all, as a matter of fact I "command" that you have fun if you end up writing something!!! Ha ha ha!! If it's good we will share it on our Facebook page that has over 9000 members :woohoo:

Create Article here!
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

Home made cough syrup 16 Jan 2014 05:41 #685

I'll have to see what I can come up with. Thank you

Home made cough syrup 16 Jan 2014 11:16 #690

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
jengalbraith818 wrote:
I'll have to see what I can come up with. Thank you

Awesome!! I think this would awesome to have! Every cold season we can share it on our Facebook page:)
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS