Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Beekeeping 102

Beekeeping 102 06 Jul 2014 00:40 #1907

• streetwalker
  • Good Job(s): 18
Beekeeping 102

image_2014-07-06.jpg

Our honey supers are bursting at the seams, so we visited our favorite beekeeping supply store to purchase another before our girls begin to swarm. This little shop is owned by Franklin Carrier, a beekeeping legend in the SF Bay Area.

Franklin is 91 and has kept bees since 1949. We usually pay 25% above market for our supplies, but oh what knowledge that premium buys.

Today, Franklin was away visiting his daughter, so we chatted with his son, Randolph. After purchasing our various items, Randolph showed us this book, his father wrote in 1984. He lamented he didn't know what he was going to do with the thousands of copies he will have to dispose of after his fathers ultimate passing. I suspect Franklin and Randolph just didn't know how to market this wonderful book. I eagerly purchased a copy at $10.

This is a 335 page, hardbound book, with dust cover, which is intended for the intermediate beekeeper, i.e., those who have kept bees for over a year. It contains copious black and white photos.

Neither Franklin, nor Randolph know I am doing this, but I would like to offer this book to my fellow beekeepers for $10 plus book rate shipping (cheap) to the continental US. This is NOT spam. I am simply doing this because I respect both Randolph and Franklin and I don't want Franklin's decades of knowledge to end up in the landfill upon his passing.

Feel free to contact them directly if you are interested in this lovely book: carriersbees.com/

It might be easier to contact me through a Facebook PM and my husband and I can purchase and ship the books since the Carriers aren't really into the whole "Internet Thing". We will receive no profit from this purchase and I'm sure the production of the book cost far more than $10.

Oh, and don't worry that this book is now 30 years old. The books are in sealed, pristine condition. The beekeeping knowledge of the old timers is magical and timeless.

If you have any concerns with my sincerity, please check with this sites owner, Matt.
Last Edit: 06 Jul 2014 01:02 by HFI_Matt.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Beekeeping 102 06 Jul 2014 01:03 #1908

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
Very sweet of you my friend:)

Admin Matt
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS