Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: What chicks have extra toes?

What chicks have extra toes? 31 Aug 2014 14:12 #2284

• LKShepherd
  • Good Job(s): 3
I am excited - I was playing with the "girls" (using girls loose cause I know we have some boys in here) and discovered something today... I guess I was blind before cause I play with them daily... but I discovered that 2 of my "yellow" chicks are different from the others. I knew their wings were brown, unlike the others who are solid white... but that was all I noticed that was different until today... I picked one up, pulled her out and got her to stand on my hand without me having to "cradle" her (in the fear she would jump or try and fly away from me) which allowed me to really see her completely and the beauty she is. That is when noticed.. her feet were DIFFERENT from the rest of my chicks...... I 1st noticed the feathers going down her leg to her feet.....THEN I noticed she has an extra tow on each foot (as does her "sister" who looks just like her). What breed of chicks does this happen with? Remember I got these ladies from Ideal Poultry.... so not sure what they could be yet. I took some photos so you all could see..... what do you all think?
ExtraToes.jpg

FullBodyBack.png

BothTogether.png
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What chicks have extra toes? 01 Sep 2014 08:08 #2286

• LKShepherd
  • Good Job(s): 3
We figured it out (@ another forum) They are Salmon Faverolles!! Woohoo, beautiful birds indeed!!

I took a "Glamour Shot" of one of them!!

I named then Satin & Lace - now to figure out which is which! LOL
Last Edit: 01 Sep 2014 08:11 by LKShepherd.

What chicks have extra toes? 02 Sep 2014 22:15 #2289

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
Awesome:) Sorry I have been gone. Ear infection has been beating me down my friend.

Nice glam shot!
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS