Welcome, Guest
We are looking to build a large (easy to access) library on everything from keeping chickens, organic gardening, aquaponics, to preserving all the foods we produce. So please consider writing articles for all our members to enjoy!

Post an article HERE!

TOPIC: Anyone else have chicks in the bator?

Anyone else have chicks in the bator? 21 Jan 2014 10:12 #760

• tracey_p
  • chicken addict
  • Good Job(s): 7
I have 20 chicks in the incubator set to hatch on January 30th. Anyone else have any set right now?
I have 7 silkie hens, 1 silkie roo,2 naked neck silkies, 1 frizzled silkie cockerel, 1 frizzled silkie pullet, 1 cochin, 1 frizzled cochin cockerel, 1 frizzled cochin pullet, and 8 polish pullets.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anyone else have chicks in the bator? 21 Jan 2014 11:31 #778

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
O cool!! I can't wait to see them:) I have all the chickens I need so I don't have any set but I can live my hatching life through you! (DChick)
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

Anyone else have chicks in the bator? 21 Jan 2014 16:28 #817

• tracey_p
  • chicken addict
I have all the chickens I need also, but these are the last of Crue's eggs so I HAD to hatch the last of his eggs. He actually "protected" me from being attacked by the wild dogs so he has a very special place in my heart.
I have 7 silkie hens, 1 silkie roo,2 naked neck silkies, 1 frizzled silkie cockerel, 1 frizzled silkie pullet, 1 cochin, 1 frizzled cochin cockerel, 1 frizzled cochin pullet, and 8 polish pullets.

Anyone else have chicks in the bator? 21 Jan 2014 16:33 #818

• Channahs
  • Runs with Scissors
  • Good Job(s): 3
I have 19 eggs in the incubator. Odd number huh! 14 lavender orpington eggs and 5 white silkie/lavender orpington cross. Mine are due Friday, Feb 7th.

Good luck on your hatch!
Good Job(s) from: tracey_p

Anyone else have chicks in the bator? 21 Jan 2014 16:43 #820

• tracey_p
  • chicken addict
Channahs wrote:
I have 19 eggs in the incubator. Odd number huh! 14 lavender orpington eggs and 5 white silkie/lavender orpington cross. Mine are due Friday, Feb 7th.

Good luck on your hatch!

Yay! Great luck on your hatch too. The only white silkies I have are my showgirls. Maybe sometime we can swap eggs if you're interested.

Anyone else have chicks in the bator? 21 Jan 2014 16:52 #821

• Channahs
  • Runs with Scissors
  • Good Job(s): 3
Ooh imagine that mix! White silkie showgirl and lavender orpington hehe! I'm testing fertility with this hatch, so far I see a lot of veins.

Anyone else have chicks in the bator? 21 Jan 2014 17:07 #824

• tracey_p
  • chicken addict
Awesome! My fertility rate was great for this hatch. I started with 24 and I had 2 with blood rings and 2 quitters but the rest have a lot of movement. I can't wait until lockdown. Woo hoo! We're working on separating our pens right now and will have only silkies in one of the pens, which I've been trying to get ready since several people have wanted hatching eggs; however, for some reason hubby feels there are only so many hours in a day. :S

I have 2 broody hens that I'll give the chicks to (although who knows how many I'll have by Thursday). LOL.

Anyone else have chicks in the bator? 21 Jan 2014 22:07 #838

• AdminEric
  • "Chickenman" or "Palletman"
  • Expert Member
  • Good Job(s): 26
No incubator here. Once I have a broody hen, I will more than likely hatch some eggs. I can't wait!

Anyone else have chicks in the bator? 27 Jan 2014 16:40 #884

• tracey_p
  • chicken addict
My eggs are on lock-down, when I candled them for lock-down I saw movement in 19 of the 20 eggs. Now just waiting for them to start pipping. So eggciting! :lol:

Anyone else have chicks in the bator? 27 Jan 2014 17:39 #891

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
tracey_p wrote:
My eggs are on lock-down, when I candled them for lock-down I saw movement in 19 of the 20 eggs. Now just waiting for them to start pipping. So eggciting! :lol:

Awesome, can't wait to see!! Peep peep!!
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

Moderators: MKK-FARMS