Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Swamp Buggy Stroller!

Swamp Buggy Stroller! 05 Sep 2014 08:02 #2295

• Brando13
  • Good Job(s): 13
Hey guys and gals,

Wow what a crazy couple of month's, never was big with the internet world but since I started I found myself quite overwhelmed. Took a short break and head to shop or what I call my rabbit hole to clear my mind and build! I think i'm fairly organized now lol...

Here is the latest project we have started, it's for our son Tristan with Angleman Syndrome. The Swamp Buggy Stroller, I won't go to grave details to keep this short, but today I start the finishing process to make it fancy and more permanent solution, mount switches and lights, install the electronics, radio and LED lights throughout and more! Hope you enjoy...

THINK, DESIGN AND BUILD!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Swamp Buggy Stroller! 05 Sep 2014 09:04 #2297

• Jody
  • Good Job(s): 6
Love it! :)
Keep smiling! :)

Swamp Buggy Stroller! 06 Sep 2014 00:43 #2302

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
Right on bro!! You are one good dad my friend. Happy your back on the site and I am even happier to see that the time away was well spent. Lord Bless your little household:)
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

Swamp Buggy Stroller! 11 Sep 2014 03:55 #2313

• SoCalDeere
  • Good Job(s): 9
Coolness B)
Learning the self-relanace of our Parents and Grand Parents

And the new stuff They wish they knew about

Swamp Buggy Stroller! 11 Sep 2014 14:18 #2314

• Brando13
Much appreciated, I had to almost force myself so much time on the computer because it took so much time, but since i'm sticking to just a few forums and mainly youtube, I have plenty of time for the family and hobbies now lol...

Here's a little update on the Swamp Buggy, as usual I over thought everything and wasn't too satisfied with the overall finish. Still zero dollars invested and using parts that would have tossed out.

THINK, DESIGN AND BUILD!

Swamp Buggy Stroller! 13 Sep 2014 01:03 #2318

• SoCalDeere
  • Good Job(s): 9
Those kiddie cars are only designed to haul 60# and not for very long

Think about adding a bigger batt the postion will depend on where you want it for balance
Puting over the drive axle might get more down force for traction
Learning the self-relanace of our Parents and Grand Parents

And the new stuff They wish they knew about
Good Job(s) from: HFI_Matt

Swamp Buggy Stroller! 13 Sep 2014 06:21 #2320

• Brando13
SoCalDeere wrote:
Those kiddie cars are only designed to haul 60# and not for very long

Think about adding a bigger batt the postion will depend on where you want it for balance
Puting over the drive axle might get more down force for traction

I totally agree, I was out in the rabbit hole last night testing till 3am, 7am now our son doesn't like to sleep much lol, but I think, well I hope, I found a solution.

Waiting for my phone to charge to take a pic, but I redesigned the whole hitch, and now without test made though, I might have stumbled on something that will distribute the weight more evenly and take the initial shock of bumps out and smooth it out a bit by mounting a small shock from a mini dirt bike where the steering and trailer attach together.

I already have it on a 24 volt esc scooter controller, and in the process of trying to restore a few batteries, but for now I either have two deep cycles from the boat or two small 12v/12aH from other toys and the bigger ones weight about 50lbs apiece so that's a no go unless I make a whole frame :ohmy: lol but would be pretty neat (independent suspension, 4 wheel drive with 4 wheel steering with actuators or acme rod to raise/lower the body height 4-6", adjustable mud flaps in or out on a cnc screw rod, and the overall greatest thing would be a electric steering to turn left or right with momentary switches. I just found my other 750watt scooter motor last night so a back up plan has been started for when the stock power wheels motor burn up or I shred the gears but will need more batteries. And lots of support with aluminum square tubing and aluminum 3/4" angle.

This was only suppose to be a quick throw it together kind of project, now it's turned into a whole fabrication job lol but it's pretty fun, my daughter love's working on it together, but I still haven't spent any money, all parts were salvaged from would be trash or junk, thanks to my great hoarding skills I've achieved over the years haha...ooh my phone is charged enough...let me pause for a brief moment for this commercial break, and snap a few pics... :silly:

First one is the new design with the hitch mounted inside the steering neck bracket

PWhitch.jpg

Second is the shock, just sitting there for now, but if I angle the shock where the bottom is towards the trailer, it should absorb the differences, especially if the power wheels goes over a bump then level's out, the trailer has to do the same thing and will have difference's in height which I hope the shock will take care of...hopefully :unsure:

powerwheelshitch.jpg
THINK, DESIGN AND BUILD!
Last Edit: 13 Sep 2014 06:26 by Brando13. Reason: spelling

Swamp Buggy Stroller! 13 Sep 2014 21:57 #2326

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
Dude, this is awesome:)
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

Swamp Buggy Stroller! 16 Sep 2014 17:01 #2337

• Brando13
Got a little further today with the hitch and suspension, so far it feels pretty good even without the added support of the frame. Now i have to rethink the steering, a buddy had an idea that would supposedly take less torque to turn the shaft and make it tighter by some formula, this is all new to me but i'm just waiting for when he gets some free time to come over. This is what I have so far!

THINK, DESIGN AND BUILD!
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS